Selective Pallet Rack
Selective Pallet Rack is versatile, it works as well in a warehouse storage facility as it does in a retail storage rack setting. That's why Standard Selective Pallet Racking is the most common storage rack system
in the industry. Selective Pallet Rack Systems also called single deep selective pallet racking is a virtually unlimited selection of sizes and load capacities. The efficient use of warehouse or retail floor space and easy pallet access makes
Standard Selective Pallet Racks most often the way to go.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Selective Pallet Racking
Selective racking's best advantage is for warehouses that have a large variety of product SKUs. Though the most popular type of warehouse racking, selective pallet racks also have the lowest pallet storage
capacity, but as stated earlier it is also the lowest cost per square foot of racking. However this advantage goes away if you are looking for high volume storage, say greater than 3000 pallets, it then becomes a disadvantage to use
Selective Racking because it then becomes the most expensive solution and wouldn't make sense to recommend.
Building the Standard Selective Pallet Rack
Selective pallet rack systems can be built in many structural configurations with slotted style, tear drop style, in either Roll Formed Steel or Structural Steel. Every type of selective pallet
racking always has welded trusses and high capacity beams. Selective pallet racking systems consist of three major racking components, uprights, beams and footplates.
Placement of the racks within the warehouse will vary based on your facility requirements, but usually the layout will have single rows placed against the walls and back-to-back rows placed in between.
The pallet size, pallet weight, forklift and/or pallet jack dimensions and the available warehouse height for storage, are all important factors A.I.T. uses in determining the final aisle width and rack height of the pallet racking system.
A.I.T. engineers every pallet racking system itself differently, depending on your specific requirements. The size, shape and weight of the material to be stored is important. Our team of warehouse
racking pro's will work with you to design the most efficient and productive warehouse operation for your material handling requirements.
For a FREE Consulatation & Quote Call (954) 205-4071 or use the "Get A Quote" link above..
Selective Pallet Racking Benefits
- Clear Aisles of 10 feet to 11-1/2 feet for reach trucks or 11-1/2 feet to 15 feet for counter balanced fork lifts.
- Supports First in First Out. (FIFO).
- Most common mode of racking.
- Direct access to any pallet.
- Stock control is easy because every position is a one-pallet position.
- Allows for load flexibility in regards to both weight and volume.
- Allows order picking at lower levels.
- Storage Utilisation: 90%.
- Another words, for every 100 pallet places available, you can fill 90.
When do you use Selective Pallet Racking?
- Where you have a relatively low number of pallets per SKU.
- When you want totally free access to any pallet, any time.
- When you need to pick from pallets at lower levels.
When not to use Selective Pallet Racking?
- When you have a high number of pallets per SKU and you are constrained for space.
- When you need to pick from more pallets than the lower level pick face will allow.